- Porter M.
- Teisberg E.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Anesthesia
- Redefining health care: creating value-based competition on results.Harvard Business School Press, Boston (MA)2006 (p. 17, 98–101, 156, 157, 162, 167)
- The social transformation of American medicine.Basic Books, Persus Books Group, New York1982 (p. 379)
- Planning the future of anesthesiology.Anesthesiology. 1996; 84: 495-497
- Economics of anesthetic practice.Anesthesiology. 1997; 86: 1170-1196
- An approach to quality management in anaesthesia: a focus on perioperative care and outcome.Eur J of Anaesthesiol Suppl. 2001; 18: 4-9
- Adapting customer service to consumer-directed health care: by implementing new tools that provide greater transparency in billing, hospitals can decrease collection costs while improving customer satisfaction.Healthc Financ Manage. 2006; 60: 118-122
- Price transparency.Healthc Exec. 2006; 21: 48-50
- Cost survey for anesthesia practices: 2005 report based on 2004 data.MGMA, Englewood (CO)2005
- Designing meaningful industry metrics for clinical productivity for anesthesiology departments.Anesth Analg. 2003; 96: 802-812
- Measurements of individual clinical productivity in an academic anesthesiology department.Anesthesiology. 2000; 93: 1509-1516
- Benchmarking your group's clinical productivity: survey says.ASA Newsl. 2006; 70: 26-27
- Pay for performance.Managed Healthcare Executive. 2006; : 30-32
Fuhrmans V. A novel plan helps hospital wean itself off pricey tests. Wall Street Journal Friday, January 12, 2007. p. 1 and 11.
- Academic anesthesia faculty salaries: incentives, availability, and productivity.Anesth Analg. 2005; 100: 487-489
- The prevalence and characteristics of incentive plans for clinical productivity among academic anesthesiology programs.Anesth Analg. 2005; 100: 493-501
Blough G, Scott S. Hospital. Contracting survey update. 2005 Practice Management Conference. Available through the ASA at: www.ASAhq.org. Accessed in 2005.
- Incentivize everything, incentivize nothing.Anesth Analg. 2005; 100: 490-492
- How US radiologists use their professional time: factors that affect work activity and retirement plans.Radiology. 1995; 194: 33-40
- Issues of concern for the aging anesthesiologist.Anesth Analg. 2001; 92: 1487-1492
- Political strategy, business strategy, and the academic medical center: linking theory and practice.J Surg Res. 2001; 100: 1-10
- Strategy under uncertainty.Harv Bus Rev. 1997; 75: 66-79
Gesensway D. American College of Physicians Observer, September 1996.
- Navigating the anesthesia shortage: ensuring sufficient coverage to enable procedure growth.in: Clinical advisory board flashpoint handbook. The Advisory Board Company, Washington DC2004: 2-6 (64–71)
- The cost effectiveness of anesthesia workforce models: a simulation approach using decision–analysis modeling.Anesth Analg. 2000; 90: 584-592
- Determinants of success of in-patient clinical information systems: a literature review.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2003; 10: 235-243
- Mortality associated with anaesthesia: a qualitative analysis to identify risk factors.Anaesthesia. 2001; 56: 1141-1153
- The medical liability crisis of 2003: must we squander the chance to put patients first?.Health Aff (Millwood). 2003; 22: 37-40
- The anesthesiologist as physician executive.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 1999; 12: 429-431
- Pros and cons of exclusive contracts.ASA Newsletter. 2006; 70
- Hospital contracts survey: 2004 data.ASA Newsletter. 2005; 69
- Rewarding provider performance: aligning incentives in Medicare (Pathways to quality health care series).National Academies Press, Washington DC2007
- Physician hospital relationships.ILO Institute On Call Research Report, Fairfield (CT)2006