Pediatric obesity is a recognized global epidemic [
]. In the United States, the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey data as of 2003 to 2004 showed that 17.1% of the pediatric population sampled were overweight [
- Cheng T.O.
Obesity is a global challenge.
Am J Med. 2006; 119: e11
- Hedley A.A.
- Ogden C.L.
- Johnson C.L.
- et al.
Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US children, adolescents, and adults, 1999–2002.
JAMA. 2004; 291: 2847-2850
- Ogden C.L.
- Carroll M.D.
- Flegal K.M.
Epidemiologic trends in overweight and obesity.
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2003; 32 (vii): 741-760
4]. Minority populations such as African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and people of low socioeconomic status are populations with an even higher incidence of obesity, which may reach 30% or greater [
- Ogden C.L.
- et al.
Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999–2004.
JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- Cossrow N.
- Falkner B.
Race/ethnic issues in obesity and obesity-related comorbidities.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004; 89: 2590-2594
- Crawford P.B.
- et al.
Ethnic issues in the epidemiology of childhood obesity.
Pediatr Clin North Am. 2001; 48: 855-878
- Freedman D.S.
- et al.
Racial and ethnic differences in secular trends for childhood BMI, weight, and height.
Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006; 14: 301-308
- Gordon-Larsen P.
- Adair L.S.
- Popkin B.M.
The relationship of ethnicity, socioeconomic factors, and overweight in US adolescents.
Obes Res. 2003; 11: 121-129
- Kimm S.Y.
- et al.
Racial divergence in adiposity during adolescence: the NHLBI Growth and Health Study.
Pediatrics. 2001; 107: E34
10]. The data also indicate that the trend of increasing prevalence and severity of obesity is unlikely to be reversed.
- Laron Z.
Increasing incidence of childhood obesity.
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2004; 1: 443-447
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Anesthesia
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Obesity is a global challenge.Am J Med. 2006; 119: e11
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US children, adolescents, and adults, 1999–2002.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2847-2850
- Epidemiologic trends in overweight and obesity.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2003; 32 (vii): 741-760
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999–2004.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- Race/ethnic issues in obesity and obesity-related comorbidities.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004; 89: 2590-2594
- Ethnic issues in the epidemiology of childhood obesity.Pediatr Clin North Am. 2001; 48: 855-878
- Racial and ethnic differences in secular trends for childhood BMI, weight, and height.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006; 14: 301-308
- The relationship of ethnicity, socioeconomic factors, and overweight in US adolescents.Obes Res. 2003; 11: 121-129
- Racial divergence in adiposity during adolescence: the NHLBI Growth and Health Study.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: E34
- Increasing incidence of childhood obesity.Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2004; 1: 443-447
- Surgical treatment of femoral fractures in obese children: does excessive body weight increase the rate of complications?.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 2609-2613
- [Airways and respiratory function in obese patients. anaesthetic and intensive care aspects and recommendations].Anaesthesist. 2005; 54 ([in German]): 715-725
- Childhood obesity: a challenge for the anaesthetist?.Paediatr Anaesth. 2002; 12: 750-761
- Medical evaluation of overweight children and adolescents: reports from pediatricians, pediatric nurse practitioners, and registered dietitians.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 222-228
- Underdiagnosis of pediatric obesity and underscreening for fatty liver disease and metabolic syndrome by pediatricians and pediatric subspecialists.J Pediatr. 2005; 147: 839-842
- Screening and counseling associated with obesity diagnosis in a national survey of ambulatory pediatric visits.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 112-116
- Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation.World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser. 2000; 894 (i-xii, 1–253)
- The utility of body mass index as a measure of body fatness in children and adolescents: differences by race and gender.Pediatrics. 1997; 99: 804-807
- Childhood body composition in relation to body mass index.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 344-350
- Body mass index as a measure of adiposity among children and adolescents: a validation study.J Pediatr. 1998; 132: 204-210
- Gender and tanner stage differences in body composition and insulin sensitivity in early pubertal children.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995; 80: 172-178
- Defining overweight in children using growth charts.Md Med. 2004; 5: 19-21
- 2000 CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development.Vital Health Stat 11. 2002; : 1-190
- CDC growth charts: United States.Adv Data. 2000; : 1-27
- Consensus statement: childhood obesity.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 1871-1887
- Childhood overweight and cardiovascular disease risk factors: the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Growth and Health Study.J Pediatr. 2007; 150: 18-25
- Anesthesia for genetic metabolic and dysmorphic syndromes of childhood.1st edition. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia1999
- Problems in childhood obesity.Prim Care. 2003; 30: 357-374
- Obesity. Why the losing battle?.in: Wolman B.B. Psychological aspects of obesity: a handbook. Van Nostrand Reinholdt, New York1982
- The prevalence of overweight and obesity in pediatric survivors of cancer.J Pediatr. 2006; 149: 518-525
- Risks and consequences of childhood and adolescent obesity.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1999; 23: S2-S11
- Obesity, regional fat distribution, and syndrome X in obese black versus white adolescents: race differential in diabetogenic and atherogenic risk factors.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 2534-2540
- Definitions and pathophysiology of the metabolic syndrome in obese children and adolescents.Int J Obes (Lond). 2005; 29: S24-S25
- Childhood obesity and the metabolic syndrome.Adv Pediatr. 2006; 53: 23-53
- Prevalence of a metabolic syndrome phenotype in adolescents: findings from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988–1994.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2003; 157: 821-827
- Definitions of metabolic syndrome: where are we now?.Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2006; 4: 185-197
- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351 ([author reply 1146–48]): 1146-1148
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in American adolescents: findings from the Third National health and nutrition examination survey.Circulation. 2004; 110: 2494-2497
- Insulin resistance: a multifaceted syndrome responsible for NIDDM, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidaemia and atherosclerosis.Neth J Med. 1997; 50: 191-197
- Secular trends in variables associated with the metabolic syndrome of North American children and adolescents: a review and synthesis.Am J Hum Biol. 2003; 15: 786-794
- Metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents.Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2006; 8: 403-413
- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 2362-2374
- Syndrome X (insulin resistance metabolic syndrome): a deadly quartet or an awesome foursome?.Med J Aust. 1996; 164: 4-5
- The metabolic syndrome: a tug of war with no winner.Cleve Clin J Med. 2002; 69: 990-994
- Mechanism of the deadly quartet.Can J Cardiol. 2000; 16: 17E-20E
- Metabolic syndrome.Indian J Med Sci. 2006; 60: 72-81
- The deadly quartet. Upper body obesity, glucose intolerance, hypertriglyceridemia, and hypertension.Arch Intern Med. 1989; 149: 1514-1520
- The deadly quartet and the insulin resistance syndrome: an historical overview.Hypertens Res. 1996; 19: S9-S11
- A truly deadly quartet: obesity, hypertension, hypertriglyceridemia, and hyperinsulinemia.Cleve Clin J Med. 2002; 69: 985-989
- The deadly quartet—the insulin resistance syndrome.South Med J. 1997; 90: 1162-1168
- Sites and sizes of fat deposits around the pharynx in obese patients with obstructive sleep apnoea and weight-matched controls.Eur Respir J. 1989; 2: 613-622
- Fluoroscopic and computed tomographic features of the pharyngeal airway in obstructive sleep apnea.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1983; 127: 487-492
- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in children.Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2005; 23 (viii): 535-549
- Risk factors for sleep-disordered breathing in children. Associations with obesity, race, and respiratory problems.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999; 159: 1527-1532
- Standards and indications for cardiopulmonary sleep studies in children. American Thoracic Society.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1996; 153: 866-878
- Practice guidelines for the perioperative management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists task force on perioperative management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiology. 2006; 104 ([quiz 1117–8]): 1081-1093
- Ventilatory volumes, flow rates, transfer factor, and its components (membrane component, capillary volume) in obese adults and children.Respiration. 1984; 45: 321-326
- Chest mechanics in morbidly obese nonhypoventilated patients.Respir Med. 2001; 95: 281-286
- [Respiratory function at rest in obese children (author's transl)].Bull Eur Physiopathol Respir. 1977; 13 ([in French]): 599-609
- Effect of obesity on pulmonary function in children.Pediatr Pulmonol. 1993; 16: 130-137
- Effects of obesity on respiratory function.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1983; 128: 501-506
- The obesity hypoventilation syndrome.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 948-956
- Obesity and respiratory symptoms in primary school.Arch Dis Child. 1984; 59: 940-944
- Obesity and respiratory infection in infants and young children.Br Med J. 1971; 1: 16-18
- The relation of childhood BMI to adult adiposity: the Bogalusa Heart Study.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 22-27
- Obesity and risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in children and adolescents.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 1417-1427
- Early signs of cardiovascular disease in youth with obesity and type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 1219-1221
- Prevention of coronary artery disease is a pediatric problem.JAMA. 1997; 278: 1779-1780
- Childhood obesity and cardiovascular disease: the challenge ahead.Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2005; 2: 432-433
- Cardiovascular risk factors in obese children in relation to weight and body fat distribution.J Am Coll Nutr. 1992; 11: 41S-50S
- Relation of body fat patterning to lipid and lipoprotein concentrations in children and adolescents: the Bogalusa Heart Study.Am J Clin Nutr. 1989; 50: 930-939
- The relationship of body mass index and blood pressure in primary care pediatric patients.J Pediatr. 2006; 148: 195-200
- Overweight and hypertension: longitudinal study in school-aged children.Minerva Pediatr. 2006; 58: 451-459
- Determinants of cardiac involvement in children and adolescents with essential hypertension.Circulation. 1990; 82: 1243-1248
- Childhood adiposity as a predictor of cardiac mass in adulthood: the Bogalusa Heart Study.Circulation. 2004; 110: 3488-3492
- Relation of increase in adiposity to increase in left ventricular mass from childhood to young adulthood.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 98: 411-415
- Effect of body size, ponderosity, and blood pressure on left ventricular growth in children and young adults in the Bogalusa Heart Study.Circulation. 1995; 91: 2400-2406
- Childhood obesity in a population at high risk for type 2 diabetes.J Pediatr. 2000; 136: 365-369
- Prevalence of impaired glucose tolerance among children and adolescents with marked obesity.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 802-810
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in youth: the complete picture to date.Pediatr Clin North Am. 2005; 52: 1579-1609
- Liver steatosis in juvenile obesity: correlations with lipid profile, hepatic biochemical parameters, and glycemic and insulinemic responses to an oral glucose tolerance test.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 772-776
- The autosomal dominant trait of obesity, acanthosis nigricans, hypertension, ischemic heart disease, and diabetes type 2.Horm Res. 2001; 55: 298-304
- Hepatic steatosis in obese Chinese children.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004; 28: 1257-1263
- Prevalence of fatty liver in Japanese children and relationship to obesity. An epidemiological ultrasonographic survey.Dig Dis Sci. 1995; 40: 2002-2009
- Prevalence of abnormal serum aminotransferase values in overweight and obese adolescents.J Pediatr. 2000; 136: 727-733
- Obesity, insulin resistance, and other clinicopathological correlates of pediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.J Pediatr. 2003; 143: 500-505
- Is obesity associated with early sexual maturation? A comparison of the association in American boys versus girls.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 903-910
- Adolescent girls with polycystic ovary syndrome have an increased risk of the metabolic syndrome associated with increasing androgen levels independent of obesity and insulin resistance.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 492-497
- Pseudotumor cerebri.Neurol Clin. 2004; 22 (vi): 99-131
- Symptoms and disease associations in idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri): a case–control study.Neurology. 1991; 41: 239-244
- The search for causes of idiopathic intracranial hypertension. A preliminary case–control study.Arch Neurol. 1990; 47: 315-320
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.Neurol Clin. 1991; 9: 73-95
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.Semin Ophthalmol. 1995; 10: 251-259
- Rapidly rising incidence of cerebrospinal fluid shunting procedures for idiopathic intracranial hypertension in the United States, 1988–2002.Neurosurgery. 2005; 57 ([discussion: 97–108]): 97-108
- Health-related quality of life and depressive symptoms in adolescents with extreme obesity presenting for bariatric surgery.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 1155-1161
- Psychological considerations in pediatric weight management.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 1537-1538
- [A controlled study of food behavior and emotional manifestation in a population of obese female adolescents].Arch Fr Pediatr. 1993; 50: 479-484
- Mental disorders in obese children and adolescents.Psychosom Med. 2004; 66: 387-394
- Orthopedic complications of overweight in children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 2167-2174
- Blount disease (tibia vara): another skeletal disorder associated with childhood obesity.J Pediatr. 1982; 101: 735-737
- Orthopedic complications of childhood obesity.Pediatr Phys Ther. 2004; 16: 230-235
- Orthopedic pitfalls in the ED: slipped capital femoral epiphysis.Am J Emerg Med. 2002; 20: 484-487
- Preoperative evaluation of patients with obesity and obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2005; 23 (vi): 463-478
- Chronic upper airway obstruction and cardiac dysfunction: anatomy, pathophysiology, and anesthetic implications.Paediatr Anaesth. 2004; 14: 75-83
Jiminez N. Trends in pediatric anesthesia malpractice claims over the last three decades. ASA Newsletter. June 6, 2005:69.
- Laryngoscopy and morbid obesity: a comparison of the sniff and ramped positions.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 1171-1175
- A comparison of the volume and pH of gastric contents of obese and lean surgical patients.Anesth Analg. 1998; 86: 147-152
- Pulmonary aspiration in pediatric patients during general anesthesia: incidence and outcome.J Clin Anesth. 1998; 10: 95-102
- Gastric emptying in normal weight and obese children—an ultrasound study.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1999; 23: 1303-1306
- The rapid sequence induction revisited: obesity and sleep apnea syndrome.Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2005; 23 (viii): 551-564
- Ultrasound guidance for vascular access.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004; 22: 749-773
- Imaging techniques for regional nerve blockade and vascular cannulation in children.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2006; 19: 293-300
- A review of an anaesthetic-led vascular access list.Anaesthesia. 2005; 60: 772-778
- Portable ultrasound for difficult central venous access.Br J Anaesth. 1999; 82: 822-826
- The electrocardiogram in morbid obesity.Am J Cardiol. 2000; 85 (A10): 908-910
- Obesity decreases perioperative tissue oxygenation.Anesthesiology. 2004; 100: 274-280
- Reduction of a total propofol consumption in morbidly obese patients during general anesthesia due to BIS monitoring.Obes Surg. 2005; 15 ([author reply 1085]): 1084
- General anesthesia, bariatric surgery, and the BIS monitor.Obes Surg. 2005; 15: 63
- Anesthesia in the obese patient: pharmacokinetic considerations.J Clin Anesth. 2005; 17: 134-145
- Postoperative recovery after desflurane, propofol, or isoflurane anesthesia among morbidly obese patients: a prospective, randomized study.Anesth Analg. 2000; 91: 714-719
- Propofol infusion for maintenance of anesthesia in morbidly obese patients receiving nitrous oxide. A clinical and pharmacokinetic study.Anesthesiology. 1993; 78: 657-665
- Thiopental disposition in lean and obese patients undergoing surgery.Anesthesiology. 1982; 56: 269-274
- The induction dose of thiopentone. A method of study and preliminary illustrative results.Anaesthesia. 1982; 37: 1176-1184
- Computer simulation of the effects of alterations in blood flows and body composition on thiopental pharmacokinetics in humans.Anesthesiology. 1997; 87: 884-899
- Effect of age, gender, and obesity on midazolam kinetics.Anesthesiology. 1984; 61: 27-35
- The potency of succinylcholine in obese adolescents.Anesth Analg. 2000; 90: 576-578
- The dose of succinylcholine in morbid obesity.Anesth Analg. 2006; 102: 438-442
- Succinylcholine and morbid obesity.Obes Surg. 2003; 13: 138-139
- Pancuronium requirements of the morbidly obese.Anesthesiology. 1979; 50: 269-270
- Pancuronium bromide requirement during anesthesia for the morbidly obese.Anesthesiology. 1978; 48: 438-439
- Pharmacokinetics of rocuronium bromide in obese female patients.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 1999; 16: 507-510
- Rocuronium bromide: time course of action in underweight, normal weight, overweight, and obese patients.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 1995; 11: 107-110
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of vecuronium in the obese surgical patient.Anesth Analg. 1992; 74: 515-518
- Influence of extreme obesity on the body disposition and neuromuscular blocking effect of atracurium.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1990; 48: 18-25
- Remifentanil pharmacokinetics in obese versus lean patients.Anesthesiology. 1998; 89: 562-573
- Anesthesia for a patient with morbid obesity using dexmedetomidine without narcotics.Can J Anaesth. 2005; 52: 176-180
- Renal hemodynamic effects of chronic ketorolac tromethamine treatment in aged lean and obese Zucker rats.Clin Nephrol. 1995; 43: 318-323
- Halothane biotransformation in obese and nonobese patients.Anesthesiology. 1982; 57: 94-97
- Plasma inorganic fluoride levels with sevoflurane anesthesia in morbidly obese and nonobese patients.Anesth Analg. 1993; 76: 1333-1337
- Volatile anesthesia in bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2001; 11: 623-626
- Randomized comparison of isoflurane and sevoflurane for laparoscopic gastric banding in morbidly obese patients.J Clin Anesth. 2001; 13: 565-570
- Wash-in and wash-out curves of sevoflurane and isoflurane in morbidly obese patients.Minerva Anestesiol. 2002; 68: 523-527
- Preoxygenation is more effective in the 25 degrees head-up position than in the supine position in severely obese patients: a randomized controlled study.Anesthesiology. 2005; 102 ([discussion: 5A]): 1110-1115
- Positioning the morbidly obese patient for anesthesia.Obes Surg. 2002; 12: 751-758
- Anesthetic considerations for bariatric surgery: proper positioning is important for laryngoscopy.Anesth Analg. 2003; 96 ([author reply 1842]): 1841-1842
- Sniffing position improves pharyngeal airway patency in anesthetized patients with obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiology. 2005; 103: 489-494
- Lateral position decreases collapsibility of the passive pharynx in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiology. 2002; 97: 780-785
- Magnetic resonance imaging of cerebrospinal fluid volume and the influence of body habitus and abdominal pressure.Anesthesiology. 1996; 84: 1341-1349
- Influence of obesity on spinal analgesia with isobaric 0.5% bupivacaine.Br J Anaesth. 1986; 58: 610-614
- Influence of obesity on the spread of spinal analgesia after injection of plain 0.5% bupivacaine at the L3-4 or L4-5 interspace.Br J Anaesth. 1990; 64: 542-546
- Impact of spinal anaesthesia on perioperative lung volumes in obese and morbidly obese female patients.Anaesthesia. 2006; 61: 215-221
- Effect of obesity and thoracic epidural analgesia on perioperative spirometry.Br J Anaesth. 2005; 94: 121-127
- Influence of obesity on surgical regional anesthesia in the ambulatory setting: an analysis of 9038 blocks.Anesthesiology. 2005; 102: 181-187
- Fluoroscopic imaging for technically difficult spinal anesthesia.J Clin Anesth. 2005; 17: 69-71
- Ultrasound-guided interscalene brachial plexus anaesthesia: differences in success between patients of normal and excessive weight.Ultraschall Med. 2006; 27: 245-250
- Postobstructive pulmonary edema in an obese child after an oral surgery procedure under general anesthesia: a case report.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002; 60: 1503-1505
- Postextubation pulmonary edema following anesthesia induced by upper airway obstruction. Are certain patients at increased risk?.Chest. 1986; 90: 802-805
- Near demise of a child with Prader-Willi syndrome during elective orchidopexy.Paediatr Anaesth. 2006; 16: 790-793
- The effect of bilevel positive airway pressure on postoperative pulmonary function following gastric surgery for obesity.Respir Med. 2002; 96: 672-676
- The impact of morbid obesity, pneumoperitoneum, and posture on respiratory system mechanics and oxygenation during laparoscopy.Anesth Analg. 2002; 94: 1345-1350
- Prevention of atelectasis formation during the induction of general anesthesia in morbidly obese patients.Anesth Analg. 2004; 98 ([table of contents]): 1491-1495
- Positive end-expiratory pressure improves respiratory function in obese but not in normal subjects during anesthesia and paralysis.Anesthesiology. 1999; 91: 1221-1231
- The effects of the alveolar recruitment maneuver and positive end-expiratory pressure on arterial oxygenation during laparoscopic bariatric surgery.Anesth Analg. 2006; 102: 298-305
- The effect of obesity surgery on obesity comorbidity.Am J Med Sci. 2006; 331: 183-193
- Surgical management of obesity: a review of the evidence relating to the health benefits and risks.Treat Endocrinol. 2005; 4: 55-64
- Bariatric surgery for severely obese adolescents.J Gastrointest Surg. 2003; 7 ([discussion: 107–8]): 102-107
- Extreme pediatric obesity: weighing the health dangers.J Pediatr. 2007; 150: 3-5
- Bariatric surgery for pediatric extreme obesity: now or later?.Int J Obes (Lond). 2007; 31: 1-14
- Bariatric surgery in adolescents: an update.Adolesc Med Clin. 2006; 17 ([abstract x]): 589-612
- Treatment considerations for severe adolescent obesity.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005; 1: 133-139
- Bariatric surgery for morbidly obese adolescents: is there a rationale for early intervention?.Growth Horm IGF Res. 2006; 16: S15-S19
- Adolescent obesity and bariatric surgery.Surg Clin North Am. 2006; 86 (x): 441-454
© 2007 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.