Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Anesthesia
Madden R, Sykes C, Ustun T. World Health Organization family of International classifications: definition, scope and purpose. Available at: http://www.who.int/classifications/en/FamilyDocument2007.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems.10th revision edition. World Health Organization, 2010 (II.ICD-10. ISBN 978 92 4 154834 2. Available at:)Accessed July, 29, 2012)
Moriyama IM, Loy RM, Robb-Smith AH. “History of the statistical classification of diseases and causes of death.” March 2011 (DHHS publication; no. (PHS) 2011–1125) “March 2011.” Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/classification_diseases2011.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
World Health Organization. History of the development of the ICD. Available at: www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/HistoryOfICD.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- International classification of diseases, 10th edition, clinical modification and procedure coding system: descriptive overview of the next generation HIPAA code sets.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2010; 17: 274-282
Centers for Medicare, Medicaid Services Publication. “ICD-10 implementation guide for large practices”. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/Downloads/ICD10LargePractices508-.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- Why ICD-10 is worth the trouble.J AHIMA. 2008; 79: 24-29
- Delayed or not: ASA will help you transition to ICD-10.ASA Newsletter. 2008; 72 (34. Available at:) (Accessed July 29, 2012): 20-22
Centers for Medicare, Medicaid Services Publication. “ICD-10 implementation guide for payers”. Available at: www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/Downloads/ICD10Payers508.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- ([Internet])HHS announces intent to delay ICD-10 compliance date.([press release]) HHS, Washington (DC)2012 (Available at:)Accessed July 29, 2012)
- ([Internet])HHS proposes one-year delay of ICD-10 compliance.([press release]) HHS, Washington (DC)2012 (Available at:)Accessed July 29, 2012)
- Anesthesia claims and the 5010 Standard.ASA Newsletter. 2012; 76: 42-43
“Extension of enforcement discretion period for updated HIPAA transaction standards through June 30, 2012”. CMS statement March 15, 2012. Available at: www.cms.hhs.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/Downloads/EnforcementDiscretionAnnouncement.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
ASA comment letter to CMS regarding ICD-10. October 15, 2008. Available at: http://www.asahq.org/For-the-Public-and-Media/Press-Room/News-Archives/∼/link.aspx?_id=C9C2114E5B1045E19BD4AE8DE3860AF9&_z=z. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- Rushing to comply. Providers, plans struggle to upgrade billing systems.Mod Healthc. 2012; 42 (Available at:) (Accessed July 29, 2012): 12
Conn J. AMA opposes ICD-10. [serial on the Internet]. 2011 Nov 15 [cited 2012 Mar 14]. Available at: http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20111115/NEWS/311159956. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- HIPAA administrative simplification: modifications to medical data code set standards to adopt ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.Fed Regist. 2009; 74: 3328-3362
Libicki M, Brahmakulam I. RAND Corporation report: The cost and benefit of moving to the ICD-10 code set, TR-132-DHHS. March 2004. Available at: www.rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/2004/RAND_TR132.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
Replacing ICD-9-CM with ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS challenges, estimated costs, and potential benefits. Robert E. Nolan Company. Available at: http://www.renolan.com/healthcare/icd10study_1003.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- Assessing validity of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data in recording clinical conditions in a unique dually coded database.Health Serv Res. 2008; 43: 1424-1441
- SNOMED CT.([home page on the Internet]) IHTSDO, Copenhagen (Denmark)2012 (Available at:)Accessed July 29, 2012)
- Health information technology: standards, implementation specifications, and certification criteria for electronic health record technology, 2014 edition; revisions to the permanent certification program for health information technology.Fed Regist. 2012; 77: 13832-13885
- Health insurance reform; modifications to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) electronic transaction standards.Fed Regist. 2009; 74: 3296-3328
White Paper. ICD-10: The History, the Impact, and the Keys to Success AAPC Physician Services. http://www.rvpi.com/images/uploads/documents/ICD-10-white-paper-081511.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- There are important reasons for delaying implementation of the new ICD-10 coding system.Health Aff. 2012; 31: 836-842