Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
OECD. Health at a Glance 2019. doi:Available at: https://doi.org/10.1787/4dd50c09-en. Accessed August 24, 2021.
- National Health Expenditure Data. CMS.gov.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/NationalHealthAccountsHistorical(Accessed March 29, 2021)
- An analysis of methodologies that can be used to validate if a perioperative surgical home improves the patient-centeredness, evidence-based practice, quality, safety, and value of patient care.Anesthesiology. 2013; 119: 1261-1274
- Medication safety in anesthesia: epidemiology, causes, and lessons learned in achieving reliable patient outcomes.Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2019; 57: 78-95
- Kohn L.T. Corrigan J.M. Donaldson M.S. To err is human: building a safer health system. National Academies Press (US). Copyright 2000 by the National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2000
- Orthopaedic Healthcare Worldwide: the role of standardization in improving outcomes.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 3360-3363
- From triple to quadruple aim: care of the patient requires care of the provider.Ann Fam Med. 2014; 12: 573-576
- A 'work smarter, not harder' approach to improving healthcare quality.BMJ Qual Saf. 2015; 24: 100-102
Vetter TR, Bader AM. Continued evolution of perioperative medicine: realizing its full potential. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2020;130(4):808-10.
- Two-year follow-up survey: views of US anesthesiologists about health care costs and future practice roles.Anesth Analg. 2018; 126: 611-614
- Perioperative surgical home, fixing a fragmented process to improve quality of care.Mo Med. 2019; 116: 53
- Vertical and horizontal pathways: intersection and integration of enhanced recovery after surgery and the perioperative surgical home.Anesth Analgesia. 2018; 127: 1275-1277
- Comprehensive Acute Pain Management in the Perioperative Surgical Home.Anesthesiol Clin. 2018; 36: 295-307
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery and Future Directions.Surg Clin North Am. 2018; 98: 1287-1292
- Anesthesiology’s Future with Specialists in Population Health.Anesthesiology Clin. 2018; 36: 309-320
- Value Proposition and Anesthesiology.Anesthesiology Clin. 2018; 36: 227-239
- Orthopedic Surgery and Anesthesiology Surgical Improvement Strategies Project: Phase I Outcomes.The Journal of Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 823-829
- Orthopedic Surgery and Anesthesiology Surgical Improvement Strategies Project --Phase II Outcomes.The Journal of Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 1849-1856
- Implementing Daily Management Systems to Support Sustained Quality Improvement in Ambulatory Surgery Centers.AORN J. 2020; 111: 415-422
- Global surgical ecosystems: a need for systems strengthening.Ann Glob Health. 2016; 82: 605-613
- Using a Malcolm Baldrige framework to understand high-performing clinical microsystems.Qual Saf Health Care. 2007; 16: 334-341
Pöppelbuß J, Röglinger M. What makes a useful maturity model? A framework of general design principles for maturity models and its demonstration in business process management. ECIS 2011;Proceedings 28.
Albliwi S A, et.al. Critical literature review on maturity models for business process excellence. Paper presented at: IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management2014. Malaysia, December 9-12, 2014.
- Assessment of Interprofessional Team Collaboration Scale (AITCS): further testing and instrument revision.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2018; 38: 11-18
- Relationships Among Organizational Values, Employee Engagement, and Patient Satisfaction in an Academic Medical Center.Mayo Clinic Proc Innov Qual Outcomes. 2020; 4: 8-20
Toussaint JS, Berry LL. The promise of Lean in health care. Mayo Clin Proc 2013;88(1):74–82.
- Lean leadership attributes: a systematic review of the literature.J Health Organ Manag. 2017;
- Modeling causal relationships in quality improvement.Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2018; 48: 182-185
- ‘Learn From Every Patient’: implementation and early results of a learning health system.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2017; 59: 183-191
- A simple way to involve frontline clinicians in managing costs.Harv Business Rev. 2017; 11
- Six ways not to improve patient flow: a qualitative study.BMJ Qual Saf. 2017; 26: 388-394
- Editor's notebook: a quotation with a life of its own. Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare. Analyses Web site.(Available at:)Accessed February 26, 2021)
- The anatomy and physiology of process standardization.J Qual Participation. 2020; 42: 34-38
- Standardization: a concept analysis.Medsurg Nurs. 2019; 28: 132-134
- Comparison of the analgesic effect of an adductor canal block using a new suture-method catheter vs. standard perineural catheter vs. single-injection: a randomised, blinded, controlled study.Anaesthesia. 2019; 74: 1397-1405
- Better interprofessional teamwork, higher level of organized care, and lower risk of burnout in acute health care teams using care pathways: a cluster randomized controlled trial.Med Care. 2013; 51: 99-107
- Teamwork and communication in surgical teams: implications for patient safety.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 206: 107-112
- Briefing guide study: preoperative briefing and postoperative debriefing checklists in the Veterans Health Administration medical team training program.Am J Surg. 2010; 200: 620-623
- Implementation research and human-centred design: how theory driven human-centred design can sustain trust in complex health systems, support measurement and drive sustained community health volunteer engagement.Health Policy Plan. 2020; 35: ii150-ii162
- design thinking framework for healthcare management and innovation.Healthc (Amst). 2016; 4: 11-14
- Marginal gains: Olympic lessons in high performance for organisations.HR Bull Res Pract. 2012; 7: 9-13
- Prehabilitation for the anesthesiologist.Anesthesiology. 2020; 133: 645-652
- Roadmap for transforming preoperative assessment to preoperative optimization.Anesth Analg. 2020; 130: 811-819
Conflicts of Interest: None.